What is Google Ads advertiser identity verification program? How to complete the process?
Google Ads advertiser identity verification is a process that Google uses to verify the identity of advertisers who want to run ads on its platform. This process is important for a number of reasons, including:
- To protect users from fraud and deception. By verifying the identity of advertisers, Google can help to ensure that users are only seeing ads from legitimate businesses.
- To comply with advertising regulations. In many countries, there are laws and regulations that govern how businesses can advertise. By verifying the identity of advertisers, Google can help to ensure that they are complying with these laws and regulations.
- To improve the quality of ads. When Google knows who is running an ad, it can better target ads to the right audience and ensure that they are relevant and high-quality.
The Google Ads advertiser identity verification process is relatively simple and can be completed in a few minutes. To verify your identity, you will need to provide Google with some basic information about your business, such as your name, address, and phone number. You may also be asked to provide a copy of your business license or other documentation.
Once your identity has been verified, Google will display a disclosure on any ads you run, displaying your name and location. This disclosure helps users to know who is behind the ad and where they are located.
If you are an advertiser who wants to run ads on Google, you will need to complete the advertiser identity verification process. This process is quick and easy, and it helps to ensure that your ads are seen by the right people and that you are complying with all applicable laws and regulations.
Here are some additional details about the Google Ads advertiser identity verification process:
- What is the advertiser identity verification program?
The advertiser identity verification program is a Google program that requires advertisers to verify their identity in order to run ads on Google’s platforms. This helps to ensure that advertisers are who they say they are and that they are authorized to run ads.
- Who needs to complete advertiser identity verification?
All advertisers who want to run ads on Google’s platforms must complete advertiser identity verification. This includes individuals, businesses, and organizations.
- How do I complete Google Ads advertiser identity verification?
To complete advertiser identity verification, you will need to submit one of the acceptable documents listed below based on the location your organization is registered in, or resident in if you are an individual.
Acceptable Documents in India
- Articles of Association
- Certificate of Incorporation
- GST Certificate
- Memorandum of Association
- Partnership Deed Registration Certificate
- Registration of Society
- Trust Deed
- VAT Certificate
- DUNS number
- Corporate Identification Number (CIN)
- India Passport
- Driving license
- Voter ID
- PAN card
Once you have gathered all of the required documentation, you can submit it to Google through the Google Ads advertiser identity verification process. The verification process typically takes 5-7 business days.
To complete the identity verification process for your Google Ads account, follow these steps:
- Check your Email and In-Account Notifications: You will receive email notifications and in-account notifications that provide details about the steps you need to complete for verifying your identity. These notifications will guide you through the process.
- Sign in to your Google Ads Account: Go to the Google Ads website (ads.google.com) and sign in using your Google account credentials.
- Access the Billing Section: Once you’re signed in, click on the “Tools & settings” tab located in the top-right corner of the Google Ads interface. From the dropdown menu, select “Billing.”
- Navigate to Advertiser Verification: In the Billing section, you will find various billing-related options. Look for the “Advertiser verification” option and click on it.
- Start the Verification Process: At this point, the “About your business” section will likely already be completed. You will see the option to “Get started” next to “Verify your organization” or “Verify yourself.” Choose the appropriate option based on your situation.
- Follow the Instructions: Clicking “Get started” will lead you to the specific steps you need to complete for verifying your identity. The instructions will vary depending on the requirements and procedures for verification. Follow the prompts and provide the requested information or documentation as instructed.
- Submit the Verification Details: Once you have completed the necessary steps, submit the verification details as per the instructions provided. This may involve providing identification documents, business registration details, or any other information required for the verification process.
- Await Verification Confirmation: After you have submitted the required information, Google will review your verification details. The verification process typically takes some time. You will receive further notifications or updates regarding the status of your verification.
You can check your verification status under “Tools & settings” → “Billing” → “Advertiser verification” in your Google Ads account.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind about the Google Ads advertiser identity verification process in India:
- You must be the authorized representative of the business to complete the verification process.
- The documentation you submit must be in English or Hindi.
- You must submit all of the required documentation.
- You must submit the documentation within 30 days of being notified that you need to verify your identity.
If you fail to complete the verification process within 30 days, your Google Ads account will be paused. You can resume advertising once you have completed the verification process.
- Why is advertiser identity verification important?
Advertiser identity verification is important because it helps to protect Google’s users and advertisers from fraud and abuse. By verifying the identity of advertisers, Google can help to ensure that ads are run by legitimate businesses and organizations.
- What happens if I do not complete advertiser identity verification?
If you do not complete advertiser identity verification, your Google Ads account will be paused. You will not be able to run ads until you have completed the verification process.